Thursday, September 2, 2010

DIY Wedding Centerpieces - Spray Painted Vases


DIY Centerpiece Project

You will need:

  • Various vases in a variety of shapes and sizes
  • 2 cans of spray paint (flat finish looks best)
  • Well ventilated area/ face mask is also useful
  • cardboard to put down under the vases to serve as a work area

I collected vases from the Dollar Store, Value Village, family members (thank you Tess, Crys & Aunt Carolyn) and spray painted them in a Flat White paint. (Krylon from Home Depot of Michaels) I also found white vases from Winners and Ikea (for $1.49 yay). My idea (inspired by a Style Me Pretty post - link below) was to cluster an odd number of vases, in various shapes and sizes, in the center of the table with small bundles of flowers in each vases. I wanted an eclectic mix of flowers and vases to add depth and colour to each setting. I love Dahlias, Freesia, peonies, hydrangeas, green mums. My Flower wish list was endless. What I got, what was in season, was pretty close, but that's a whole different post.

The end was result was spectacular, I was really quite pleased. I kept my costs low, was able to ship everything without any trouble and set up was fuss free. My helpers essentially took little bundles of flowers from the buckets they were delivered in popped them into the vases filled with water. I didn't even have to over see everything after a brief demonstration of what I envisioned. It took approximately 45 minutes to do the whole room with several people pitching in. Thank you very much everyone who came by the reception hall after the ceremony (and photo session) to help set up, you rock! xoxoxo

Idea and instructions from Style Me Pretty:
http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/12/14/diy-project-painted-vases/

No comments:

Post a Comment