Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How 2: Make {Ground Chicken} Sheppard's Pie - Step by Step


How 2: Make {Ground Chicken} Sheppard's Pie - Step by Step

Here is a quick and easy, weekday meal recipe I created for my family and thought I'd share with my Sn'S fans. I know I don't usually share savory recipes, BUT; everyone has to eat right! Plus, I know my moms on the move will appreciate!


Ingredients

1 pkg of Knorr's Sidekicks - instant potatoes and chicken gravy
1 lb pkg of ground chicken breast
1/2 cup of each - chopped sweet baby carrots, sliced celery, chopped green peppers, frozen peas, frozen corn
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups boiling water
1 cup milk
1tsp vegetable oil
1tsp margarine
11/2 tsp of seasoning salt & pepper to taste

1. Prepare vegetables and saute in vegetable oil until tender.
2. Add frozen vegetables and set aside. Fry ground chicken until no longer pink. Add seasoning salt, salt and pepper.
3. Prepare gravy according to package and stir into ground chicken. Add vegetables and mix together until blended.
4. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Prepare potatoes as per directions on package.
5. Drop mashed potatoes by the spoonful on top of the ground chicken mixture. Smooth potatoes flat with back of spoon and some margarine. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
6. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment